Aadi Ammavasya is the period of the New Moon (Ammavasya) where offerings are made to our ancestors, helping us pave the way for the new beginnings in our lives while fortifying the inheritance of our lineage, be it spiritual or material. It is also the time of the month (a whole month) considered to be auspicious according to the Hindu Tamil calender.
It is a homecoming of the Self to the Self – allowing our
Self to come into contemplation making way for everything else to fade away.
Immaterial of ritual, it is the honing of our concentration on the energies of the Devi, Shakti, the Goddess and all that encompasses Her dynamism in every sense of the word: the active and the inactive; the good and the evil and the chaos and the stillness.
Let us take the Sankalpa (setting the intention) on this auspicious day as we embrace the newness openly.
- LET US LAY CLAIM on our health, our wisdom and our peace that we are always guided with good intuition for us to make wise decisions for the betterment of ourselves and humanity.
- LET US MAKE PEACE with every aspect within us that remains unsettled in body and in mind, in Soul and in Spirit, that we forgive the qualities within us that diminish our divinity and accept the aspects within us that come with its limitations.
- LET US FORGIVE us for being so hard on ourselves; needing the external validation and seeking value in the eyes of others.
- LET US LET GO AND LET GOD that we never interfere with Divine’s grand plan and trust, no matter how bleak it gets, that everything happens for a reason.
- LET US TRUST that everything is timing and timing is everything and that, there is no God in any realm, known or unknown, who seeks to punish us, as God is unconditional – never ever confined by our imagined minds.
- LET US SURRENDER our ego and our waging tongues at the Feet of the Devi and be without mind, without thoughts and simply without… not needing anything to fulfil us but be fulfilled just as is.
- LET US EMBODY our own wisdom so that we are one with our divinity, allowing all else to remain ceteris paribus (all things remaining constant).
- LET US OFFER our hearts to the Divine Mother and all Mothers, human and otherwise, our reverence that we become Her seva (service) in actions and in deed…
May we be bestowed with abundance, forgiveness and compassion to live as She sees us!
May our children, family members, friends, comrades and colleagues be more…
Om Sri Matrè Namah
Image credit: Pinterest
SUJATHA NANDY WORLD GURUKUL