As women, we are blessed to have a deeply intimate and mystical connection with Mother Moon. Like us, She is cyclical in nature and offers us gifts with each swirl of Her divine dance. When She arises as to the new moon, She shines the first sliver of Her light as the Maiden Goddess. She has ascended from the dark underworld of the waning moon and emerged ready for fresh, potent new beginnings.
These moon Goddesses become activated in us during the new moon, and harnessing their gifts can help us get crystal clear on our intentions and focused on our goals. Cultivating these Goddess energies also supports us in co-creating our dreams into being with confidence, purpose, patience, intuition and joy.
We begin to better trust our instincts and have patience in perfect, divine timing in all we are birthing forth.If you feel called to awaken the full magic of the new moon Goddesses, below are 5 powerful practices you may explore.
Before you begin, you may invoke these Goddesses with an opening prayer (an invitation from your heart and soul) if you wish.
5 Magical New Moon Rituals for Goddesses
1. Release the Old
- Write out what you need to release,
- Very safely, burn the paper (ideally in a pot outdoors)
- Surrender the ashes to the winds
- Let the elements transmute the energy of all you have relinquished.
- (safely) clear yourself and your space by wafting the smoke of sage, palo santo, or incense around your body and home.
2. Get Clear and Centered
- Start by drawing a bath for yourself with two cups sea salt, and if you have or can buy them,
- Add a few drops of essential oils associated with the new moon, (i.e jasmine, orange, Roman chamomile, myrrh, cypress, cardamom).
A simple practice to anchor back in is by imagining roots growing from your feet down into the heart of Mother Earth. Take a few deep breaths here, until you feel calm, clear and centered.
3. Set New Intentions
- Close your eyes, and focus on the center of your forehead (your third eye),
- Invite your soul to show you its dreams, intentions and will for your most abundant, expansive and blissful life.
- Flow with each vision, no matter how out-of-reach it may seem, for your soul knows you are worthy of the infinite good, and it knows how to bring it to you.
On a fresh new sheet of paper, write down your inspired new intentions.
Keep these intentions central to your sadhana (daily spiritual practice), and honor them in your actions, which leads us into the next step.
4. Take Inspired Action
5. Let Go and Let Goddess
You released the old. You received your soul’s intentions. You took the inspired action.Now, live. Be. Trust.
Trust, Beloved, that you are a powerful Creatress, but you do this in consort with forces beyond your control. Lean into them. Let them hold, support, and guide you in each moment.Like the moon, embrace all the phases of co-creation, and dance with the rhythms of life as the Goddess that you truly are.
SUJATA NANDY WORLD GURUKUL
Image credit: Pinterest